Contemporary American Jewry
Maya Balakirsky Katz
- The Sacred Geography of Contemporary Hasidism
- New York Jewish Writers and the Argument for Justice
Judah M. Cohen
- Debbie Friedman as Liturgist, Composer, and Musician
- The Cantor in American Jewish Life
- What We Can Learn from Holocaust-themed Musicals
- The Sound of Jewish Life” title to “Emerging American Jewish Sounds: The (Intentionally) Forgotten 19th Century
Steven M. Cohen
- The Shrinking Jewish Middle: The Impact of High Intermarriage and Low Fertility on American Jewry
- From the Sovereign Self to Partial Jews: Generational Shifts in Jewish Identity
- Ensuring Our Jewish Future: A Special Message for Parents and Grandparents
- From Peoplehood to Purposeful: The Emerging Identities of Younger Adult American Jews
- Distancing or Distress? American Jews’ Changing Relationship with Israel
- From Chosen People to People Who Choose: The Panorama of Diversity in American Jewry
- The Major Challenges Facing Jewish Leaders and Synagogues Today
David G. Dalin
- Jews and American Politics: Retrospect and Prospect
- Jews and Sports
- The Presidents of the United States and the Jews: From Abraham Lincoln to Barack Obama and Beyond
Deborah Dash Moore
- Urban Origins of American Judaism
- Jews and American Cities
Lynn R. Davidman
- The Whitening of the Jewish Immigrants
- Stories of Leaving Hasidic Life
- Tensions Between Tradition and Modernity in Contemporary Jewish Life
- The rise of Haredi Judaism and the Future of the Jewish People
- The Status of Women in Contemporary Haredi Communities
- The Role of Minhag (custom) in the Creation of Modern Jewish Movements
- Charitable Choices among American Jews
- Interfaith Marriage and Jewish Journeys: What Does the Future Hold for American Jews?
- Will the Jewish People Endure? Changes in Jewish Identity through Time and Place
- Tradition and Change: The Rise and Fall and Rise (?) of Conservative Judaism
- American Anti-Semitism: Grounds for Optimism or Pessimism?
- Screening of the Melton Center film, “The Other Men in Black: The Hasidic Movement Yesterday and Today,” with discussion
- American Orthodoxy: Sliding to the Right?
- Jews and the Presidential Elections
- Lubavitchers, the Mission and the Rebbe
- How Did Fundamentalism Infiltrate Modern Orthodoxy?
- The Future of American Judaism
- Religious Fundamentalism
- Hastening the Messiah: Jewish Messianism Today
- Hasidism in America
- When A Jew Dies: The Ethnography of Jewish Death
- The Writing on the Wall: Jewish Brooklyn and Queens as seen in Posters
Debra Renee Kaufman
- Telling Our Stories and Creating Ourselves: Jewish Identity in the Making
- The Importance of Being Narrative: Separating the Researcher from the Research
- Whose Story Counts When Counting Jews?
- What Does Religion Have to Do With Jewish Identity?
- Beyond Belief, Behavior and Belonging: Can You Still Be Jewish?
- What Place the Holocaust in Contemporary Identity Narratives Among Young Adults in the US and Israel
- ‘Doing Justice’ and Post Holocaust Jewish Identity
- Making the Secular Sacred: Holocaust Narratives and Jewish Identity
- Better the Devil You Know: Feminist Women, Orthodoxy and Choice
- Ba’alot Teshuvah: Revivalists or Traditionalists?
- Paradoxical Politics and Newly Orthodox Jewish Women
- American Jews: A Changing Community
- “Strange Times to Be a Jew”: American Jewish Literature in the 21st Century
- “Are Jews Pornographers?”: Obscenity and Jews in America, from the Comstock Laws to Sarah Silverman
- Jewish Literature as Conspiracy
- What can we learn from American Jewish Fiction?
- Does Judaism have a Diversity Requirement?
- Israelis and American Jews: Do We still Speak the Same Language?
- Mixed Blessings: Jewish-Christian Intermarriage in American Comedy
- Between the Sheets: Sex in Jewish Culture
David N. Myers
- American Shtetl: Kiryas Joel, New York
Pamela S. Nadell
- The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire: Out of Tragedy Comes Social Justice
- Tevye’s Daughters in America
- Blacks and Jews; Struggles in the American Promised Land
- Telling the American Jewish Story on Independence Mall: The National Museum of American Jewish History
- “Giving Our All the Poor Soldiers”: Jewish Women and the Civil War
- Women Who Would Be Rabbis: The Battle for Women’s Ordination
- Yentl: From Yeshiva Boy to Syndrom
- ‘The Synagog shall Hear the Call of the Sister’: The History of Synagogue Sisterhoods
- New Jewish Ritual
- Women of the Wall
- The Jewish Wedding
- Is the First Amendment Good for American Jews: Religious Freedom on the College Campus and in the Culture
- What is New About American Jewish Culture in the 21st Century?
- Baby Boomers and their Jewish Summer Camps: The Making of a Cultural Revolution
- Nervous Wrecks: Jewish Men and the Women They Love in American Comedy
- Jewish Authors in Search of a Promised Land: The Story of Jewish Territorialism
- Looking Ahead: American Judaism in the 21st Century
Shuly Rubin Schwartz
- Baskin-Robbins Has 31 Flavors – How About American Judaism?
- From Jewess Jeans to Juicy JAPs: Clothing and Jewish Stereotypes
- Goodbye, Columbus, Hello Christopher: The Evolution of American Jewry
- Taglit-Birthright Israel/Engaging Jewish Young Adults with Israel and their Jewish Identity
- The Size and Character of the American Jewish Population/Is the U.S. Jewish Community Assimilating Away?
- The Jewish Future in America: Musings of Social Scientist
- Comparing America and Israel; Or, Can/should Israel be Americanized?