Israeli Culture, Politics, and Society
Yael S. Aronoff
- The Political Psychology of Israeli Prime Ministers: When Hard-Liners Opt for Peace
- Prospects for Peace: Progress and Setbacks in Negotiating an Israeli-Palestinian Peace Agreement
- The Challenges of Asymmetric Conflict: Continuing Questions from the Israeli Experience
- Shifting Sands in the Middle East: Opportunities and Challenges for Israel
- US-Israeli Relations in a Changing Middle East
- Religious Nationalism and the Israel-Palestinian Conflict
- The United States and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- WWI and the Making and Breaking of the Modern Middle East
- Does Religious Zionism Exist?
- Haredim in Israel or Israeli Haredim?: Expressions of Israelization in Haredi Society
- Religion and State: Orthodox Monopoly in Israel
- Images and Distortions: American Jewry in Israeli Eyes
Steven M. Cohen
- Israel’s Choices and Israel’s Future
- The ‘Old Yishuv’: The Jewish Community in the Land of Israel on the Eve of Zionism
- Kabbalat Shabbat: History and Mystery in the Mystical City of Safed
- Shas: A New Israeli Party
- Israel and the Peace Process
- Jerusalem: Whose Is It?
Debra Renee Kaufman
- What Place the Holocaust in Contemporary Identity Narratives Among Young Adults in the US and Israel
- American Jews & Israel: A Changing Relationship
- The Presence of Absence: The Encounter of Israeli and Palestinian Literature
- Bialik and the Sephardim: A Story of Love, Hate, and the Origins of Modern Hebrew Literature
- The Jewish Intellectuals You Never Heard Of: Modern Jewish Thought in the Arab World
- The Historical Jewish Press in the Arab East, 1860s to 1940s
- Israelis and American Jews: Do We still Speak the Same Language?
- Holy Land Archaeology: Where the Past Meets the Present (ppt)
Derek J. Penslar
- How Jews Became Israelis
- The Rise and Fall of Israel’s ‘New History’
- What is ‘Israel Studies’?
- Land in Israel: Private Property or Public Trust?
- Israel: A State of Exception?
- 1948 as a Jewish World War
- Taglit-Birthright Israel/Engaging Jewish Young Adults with Israel and their Jewish Identity
- Whose Land is It Anyway? Theology and Secular Politics in the Land of Israel/Palestine
- Changing Paradigms in the Arab-Israeli Conflict: A Critique of the Erosion of Support for Israel in the American Academy
- Comparing America and Israel; Or, Can/should Israel be Americanized?
- Heritage, National Memory, and Identity Politics in Israel
- The Desert in Zionist Imagination: Myth, Nature, and Tourism
- Israeli Public Memorials: Memory and Oblivion
- The Bible in Popular Israeli Culture
- Hybrid Identities in the Israeli Cultural Landscape
- Trauma and Memory in Israeli Literature and Film
- Masada and the Holocaust as Historical Metaphors
- Reimagining Antiquity in Israeli culture